Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen

 I feel like I should start off by saying that I am a creature of habit. If I find something I like, I will stick to it. So I tend to want to visit all my tried and true favorites versus try out new things. My husband, the voice of reason, really wanted to try it out and I am now so glad that we did!
The menu is definitely what I would call "adventurous" and probably not for anyone who's looking for your standard burger and fries. If you like to try things that are outside the box, this is definitely the place for you! 

I got the "Tastes like Chicken" - Because it is! and let me just say that it doesn't look like what you expect when you order fried chicken, but it's really good! It's different from "southern fried" chicken, but still very flavorful. It's served with a delicious chili glaze and citrus and ginger scented rice, with seasonal vegetables. 

My husband opted for the Baa Baa Berber Lamb Chops and he really enjoyed that! I think lamb is an acquired taste all around, so it wasn't for me.
When dessert time rolled around we really had no idea what to get, so our server made the recommendation for the Kungaloosh! and thank goodness that she did because it was SOOOO good! It's an African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream, topped with Coffee Dust. The "cashew ice cream" threw me at first, but it was really delicious. Light, nutty, and a little salty; which paired perfectly with the chocolate cake and really sweet caramelized bananas! 

All in all this is a new favorite for us and we are working up the nerve to try out that Whole Fried Fish on our next trip!


No comments