Sa'tuli Canteen and Pandora - The World of AVATAR



I'm sure by now you've heard that Pandora - The World of AVATAR has opened at Walt Disney World. (I'm sure you've also heard about those wait times for Flight of Passage too!) We got to check out both attractions, grab some grub, and take a stroll through the Valley of Mo'ara and I wanted to share our experience with you!


The Valley of Mo'ara itself is absolutely stunning; from the floating mountains to the bioluminescent flora, it's just something amazing to behold both day and night. I highly recommend making a nighttime visit as the area really comes to life then!
One of the things I was most excited to try out was the food at Sa'tuli Canteen. I was so impressed by their menu - lots of healthy options and lots of variety. We went with some of the options that we had heard the most about:
The Cheeseburger Steamed Pods - Boa Buns: steamed cheeseburger pod stuffed with ground beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and cheddar cheese served with crunchy vegetable slaw and vegetable chips. $10.99 (or 1 Quick Service Credit)
Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse: blueberry cream cheese mouse with passion fruit curd. $5.29 (or 1 Snack Credit)
Pandoran Sunrise: refreshing balance of tropical juices blended with Powerade Melon. $4.49 (or 1 Snack Credit)
We really enjoyed the cheeseburger pods and I thought the slaw was really good. The chips were "okay" but nothing to brag about. I wasn't totally in love with the passion fruit curd, but the blueberry mouse was really good! The Pandoran Sunrise was definitely more Powerade than tropical juice. If you're feeling a little dehydrated, that might be the thing you need, but it's not overly impressive.
All in all the food options seemed very impressive and the couple next to us raved about the Satu'li Bowls they got, which include a lot of varieties such as; beef, chicken, fish, and fried tofu with a variety of sauce options like charred onion chimichurri, black bean vinaigrette, or creamy herb dressing.
Of course everyone is excited about the two new attractions at Pandora; Flight of Passage and the Na'vi River Journey. We got very lucky as we had an 8am breakfast at Tusker House (which is a favorite of mine) and we walked right on Na'vi River Journey at 8:45am and we had a 9:00am FastPass+ for Flight of Passage. I thought Na'vi River Journey was absolutely beautiful as far as the theming goes, but I found the ride really lacked a story and purpose. Overall it's not something that I'm going to be willing to wait around for. Flight of Passage on the other hand is now one of my new favorite attractions at Walt Disney World. They did a great job of bringing you out of the queue and immersing you into "the world." I don't want to give to much away, but it's definitely something that you feel "a part of" from start to finish. While I can't say that I would wait for 4+ hours for this attraction, I definitely think it's something to put on your bucket list! (Or get a FastPass+ for!)

No comments