Dining onboard Carnival Valor

 


I will start by saying that I am not overly fond of buffet style dining on a good day, so you won't find me raving about anything I got off the buffet, as I avoided it for the most part aside from pretty common things such as breakfast selections. I also didn't try many specialty drinks as I'm a Tito's & Vodka girl and I'll order the occasional Extra Dirty Martini, but this Mai Tai was a perfect start to my morning! 



Soft serve 24/7 is never a bad thing in my book. If you're feeling adventurous grab yourself an ice cream bowl and some breakfast cereal and do yourself up a nice little "breakfast ice cream." You're on vacation!

Below I'm going to do an overview of some of my favorite things, in no particular order.


There was not a burger we got here that was not delicious.


This spicy chipotle martini was not something I would have typically ordered, but was one of my favorite drinks from the entire week!


These salmon cakes were INCREDIBLE! I'm not sure how many ended up at our table, but we will just say that between 8 adults we probably had 20!


Shrimp and potatoes is not something I'd normally put together, especially not with a red sauce, but this worked!


Molten cake, enough said.


Ahi Tuna was very good!


I, for the life of, cannot remember what was in these rolls (was it pork? beef? mystery meat?) but I do remember they were incredible and we ended up with quite a few at our table (not as many as the salmon cakes.)


After 3 nights of heavy food, a good ceasar salad is much needed!


Lots of extra dirty martinis were ordered!


And the best dessert was saved for the last night, a delicious slice of Baked Alaska!

So while everything above was a rave, I want to talk to you about the most deceiving thing onboard. 


We quickly learned that the specialty coffee options were pretty good, though it's hard to be picky when you're at sea, but the cupcakes...if you can even call them that. They were inedible. Dryer than saw dust and hard like bricks. How could something so terrible look so delicious? Just say no!

No comments